Who should apply to be a KNOWNpreneur?
The KNOWNpreneurs Growth Lab program is designed to specifically support Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) owned businesses. As such, the program curriculum and mentors have been chosen to effectively help grow BIPOC-owned businesses in the Greater New Haven area.
- Annual revenues greater than $50,000 and less than $500,000
- Must be in a growth phase of business
- Building a positive reputation in the Greater New Haven area
- Gain Access to a bigger market
- Connect with key movers and shakers
- Receive a minimum of $10k line of credit awarded upon graduation
- Dedicated business coaching
- Intensive networking
- Access to 2 years of continuous training and capital roadmap
Time Commitment: 2-3 hours per week
Group Classes: Tuesdays 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Duration: November 15, 2022 - March 14, 2023
Applications Now Open
Juan Salas-Romer Featured on Connection Corner
Juan Salas-Romer, Founder and Executive Director of KNOWN, joins Barb Nangle, host of Connection Corner, to speak about the KNOWNpreneurs Growth Lab.
Features of the KNOWNpreneurs Growth Lab
Weekly lessons focused on the following categories:
benefits of being a KNOWNpreneur
Join the KNOWNpreneurs Growth Lab Community to:
- Accelerate business growth
- Mitigate risk of failure
- Improve cashflow stabilization
- Network with fellow entrepreneurs
- Raise capital and/or debt
- Gain access to the marketplace
- Communicate with capital & debt providers
- Meet influential industry experts
Be featured on KNOWN Live's "The Connection Corner"
All KNOWNpreneurs will be given the opportunity to perfect their pitch while being interviewed on The Connection Corner with Barb Nangle.
Work from KNOWN
All KNOWNpreneurs enjoy:
- free access to KNOWN Coworking space during the duration of the program,
- workstations and amenities,
- access to all events,
- and networking opportunities during weekly Networking @KNOWN events
Additionally, those who complete the program will receive:
- A plaque or frame with the name of the participant,
- The participant’s company and headshot will be displayed on the KNOWNpreneur wall
- A year membership to KNOWN
- A $10,000 line of credit from CEDF
- A one year membership from the Greater New Haven Chamber